Friday, November 04, 2005

The further adventures...

Haven't mentioned my soccer playing of late. I am still toiling away at it. So far we're pretty horrible. Lost every game. My only highlight is that I've scored twice. So that puts me at two goals and two assists. Last week was something of a gimme, we were so far behind the other team was laying back on defense so I had lots of room. It was from an angle and I put it into the far corner so I did have to make the shot. Last night was a tip in on a shot through traffic by a teammate.

Our season high on goals last night too, 5. Lost 10-5 which is a pretty common score. Ref got mad at me at one point and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was a mis-communication. We each thought the other had said something else. Jeez, old, slow and now deaf!

I'm not sure I've ever been on a team this far off the pace of the rest of the league. And the rest of the league is younger and more skilled. I'll keep working at it. So far I haven't hurt myself or anyone else. Just got to keep in mind, I play for:

The Fun
The Exercise

The minute I lose track of that I'm likely to get hurt. Must remember. Old. Slow. Not very skilled.

Peace

No comments: