Monday, May 07, 2007

Movie Time!

Finally some movies I really enjoyed!

Cars - Pixar does another great job with CGI animations. Great story, wonderful look, fun for the whole family. Another one my teenaged daughter told me I had to see (she knows I'm a fan of auto racing). Good Stuff. I think we're showing this at our Junior High camp this summer.

Harvey - I love classic movies along with the new ones. Somehow I had never seen this Jimmy Steward classic. Great story about a man whose best friend is a 6 foot 3 inch tall rabbit that only he can see. Is he nuts or not? And if it's a delusion where's the harm? Really enjoyed it. Also a great movie for the family. The DVD comes with an audio introduction done by Stewart not too long before his death talking about the movie.

We Married Margot - Another movie I caught on IFC. Based on a true story of two guys who marry and divorce the same woman. They wrote the script and play themselves in this low budget indie film. Which is an absolute scream! Not available on DVD sadly so you'll have to try and catch it some else. This movie is just...bizarre and funny and touching. The outtakes at the end are hysterical, especially on why they didn't cast the real Margot as herself (and she was ticked off about it!)

Pushing Tin Saw this in the theater the first time when it came out. I really like John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton (although I have to fess that I don't understand the big fuss over Angelina Jolie. Good actress but I don't get the rest. Now Cate Blanchett? Whole 'nother thing) Typical quirky script that these actors are always attracted to about air traffic controllers. You either like these kinds of movies or you don't. Count me in.

Oh and one mention of some LIVE theater. Went to see Spamalot up in the big city. Again, you either "get" Monty Python or you don't. If you do, this is pee your pants funny. It is NOT for the faint of heart or those who don't like profanity. While not overloaded with it, when they decide to use it they go completely over the top. To the point that it begins to lose it's shock value and just become funny. The "Taunting scene" at the French castle is vulgar beyond belief and one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Fetchez le Vache!

Peace

1 comment:

PseudoPiskie said...

Harvey is an enduring classic. Now you will join the ranks of us old folks who use Harvey to explain lots of phenomena. It's always nice when someone doesn't show up for dinner so there is a chair for Harvey.

I have Cars on DVD but have yet to watch it.