Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gettin' ready for camp

Well, it's T-minus 5 days and counting before our summer camp season gets underway. Camp always leaves me with divided emotions.

I'm a fairly strong Myers-Briggs introvert (which means I get my energy, "re-charge my batteries", from alone time. As the director of Senior High, the assistant to the director for Junior High and registrar for Sleep Away (which is the same week as Jr High) I don't get a lot of alone time. It's long days, busy days and days filled with young people with seemingly boundless energy (except for Morning Prayer). It is,in a word, exhausting.

On the other hand I get a chance to hang out with the youth. I love being with the youth. I love the energy and the silliness and the amazing bursts of profound understanding. And the fact that they accept me for what I am. A looney. I love teaching and talking and praying with them. I have a blast at camp.

Then I collapse. LOL.


This is me at camp. And yes I really do get that blurry!

This year our camps will be teaching on the theme of "Be Transformed" (Romans 12:1-2). I'm excited about the possibilities.



Peace

No comments: