Monday, May 05, 2008

So tired

Well the Happening weekend went very well. If you're not familiar that's a major spirituality retreat program in the Episcopal church. It's a time when our youth can dig a little deeper into their relationship with God and what that means. The weekend is also a lot of fun.

For the folks on the team that run the weekend it's also exhausting. I was the "Head Pop" (lead adult male) for our Prayer team which is much less stressful than doing the Visible team portion. But as a very strong Myers-Briggs introvert all that face time with the team just wears me out. Good team and a great weekend.

Oh yes, and our video rocked!

This is going to be a busy week as I prepare for some vacation time next week. Lots of ducks that need to be ordered into rows and the like.

Then we're off to Las Vegas. What happens in Vegas is none of your business! We'll check out the Star Trek exhibit at the Hilton, maybe catch a show, hang out by the pool at the hotel. I don't advise trying to reach me. At all. Just go away and leave me along, thank you very much. This will be my second trip there, the first for my lady wife. We're both looking forward to it.



The Happening weekend put a hole in my weight loss program. I've got to figure out how to survive at youth events when I will be surrounded by junk food. And inevitably the kids will congregate there, so if I want to talk with them I end up standing next to the chips, and the queso dip and the pizza....

Four pounds this weekend! I put on FOUR pounds!!!
Not much else to say at the moment, just trying to get squared away on a Monday.

2 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

You think kids are hard on the waistline? Do the best you can this week then forget about it in Vegas. You can lose it all when you get home. Please don't let it preoccupy you while having fun. Have you ever seen Cirque du Soleil? Love is Beatles music. Zumanity is the sexy one. O has water. There are a couple of others. I'd love to see them in person.

MadPriest said...

Four pounds?
I wouldn't worry about it.
You can shit four pounds!