Monday, April 17, 2006

Holy...Grumpiness?

I'm sure I'm not supposed to feel grumpy and out of sorts in Easter season, but here I am. It's not because I overloaded on chocolate and the like since I didn't have any this year, although I'll admit to a major chocolate craving last night. Haven't had one of those in a long time. So why am I grumpy? Let's see:

Tax time - we owed taxes this year, something that never happens. It pretty much wiped out the savings account. So that's a good news (had the money) bad news (wiped out savings) kind of thing. Plus I'm handling the taxes for my mother's estate and the early indication is that the news there is bad too. Great.

It's the beginning of camp registration season. And I'm short on staff. And the applications aren't rolling in yet. Which makes me nervous. And grumpy.

A lot of plans for this year are clearly NOT going to happen. I WILL be spending a fair amount of time doing things that I don't enjoy. Rah.

I have a long drive ahead of me just for the privilege of...cleaning house. Double Rah.

I have several easy projects I need to get done today and can muster no energy to just do them! Which ticks me off. (Of course one of them is updating the blog so that's one for the plus side)

My day started off by my driving into the office and leaving my keys at home. So I couldn't get in. My lady wife dropped off a set which was nice but it seems like I'm an idiot an awful lot these days. I don't want to be that sitcom husband who can't find his butt with both hands and roadmap while his wife shakes her head and cleans up behind him.

Really got to get to my other chores today.
Peace

No comments: