Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What Theologian?

I'd never heard of Anselm before this so I looked him up. I like the quick view of what I see. Two examples from his wikkipedia entry-

"Nor do I seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand. For this too I believe, that unless I first believe, I shall not understand."

"I hold it to be a failure in duty if after we have become steadfast in our faith we do not strive to understand what we believe."

Yes, I'll take Anselm. Not sure where Calvin came from though! I'm sure we share some theological points, even if no one else has every accused me of any Calvinist leanings.

Peace


You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

Anselm

80%

John Calvin

60%

Paul Tillich

53%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

53%

Augustine

40%

Karl Barth

40%

J�rgen Moltmann</font>

33%

Charles Finney</font>

33%

Martin Luther

27%

Jonathan Edwards

13%

Which theologian are you?

created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: