Monday, February 25, 2008

Yet another Monday

Wow, where did my weekend go?

Saturday I met with the group that's working on some preliminary work for the group that will look at ministries with children, youth and young adults as part of the revitalization process in the diocese. I know that sounds absurd when you type it all out but I think it has the potential to be a positive force in the diocese. Good meeting but it ran a little long.

Then Sunday it looked like someone had broken our DVD recorder. We video the 10 AM service and play it back on local cable access. Turns out the recorder was just a little out of whack and appears to be fine now. Too late to record the service though.

Then it was CROP Walk. Which despite everything went exceptionally well. We did something new this year and had it in February at the local ice arena. Some folks walked the track others skated. Very cool(no pun intended) and we raised around $3500. But it was exhausting so I went home and collapsed.

Watched a movie! That's actually a big deal recently. We've been doing something most movie nights.

A Man For All Seasons Winner of 6 Oscars including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director. Paul Scofield does a great job in this rather cleaned up version of the life of St. Thomas More. More was a great man but the movie skips over his less savory moments (like burning Lutherans. I like Lutherans.) Again if you're going to the movies to learn history you're in for a rotten education. But as a movie it was wonderful. Orson Welles, Leo McKern, Robert Shaw, John Hurt, Susannah York,and Vanessa Redgrave. Lotsa fun.

Also enjoying a podcast series for a while now. "Speaking of Faith" with Krista Tippett from American Public Radio. She ranges quite widely in her topics, interviewing Rick and Kay Warren, looking at diplomacy and religion, Mormonism, Mathematics, purpose and truth and much more. It's very interesting and comes from no particular theological point of view. It's also a great way to take my mind off of the workouts!

Speaking of which! Last week was not a great success. I lost a grand total of 5 pounds but only one of them counts. Yeah, the laziness caught up with me and I put a couple pounds back on. So I had to re-lose them. Sigh. So that next big hurdle - 200 pounds is still taunting me. Seems like a lot of others in the contest had the same kind of week, including Marko. Time to kick up the intensity.

Last week I visited with the local chapter of Intervarsity. First time ever. Felt like a good visit and they seemed to enjoy my visit so that went well. Later this week I'm visiting with a Middle school group. Out of the frying pan...

So that's where we stand at the moment.

Peace

No comments: