Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Morning update

Summer has been a complete loss on the blogging front. I'll do a "What I did on my Summer Vacation" post later this week.

For now I'm totally stealing an idea from Marko at YS with a few personalizations. The Monday Morning Update. Don't know if it'll amuse you but it'll help me get my thoughts organized.

The Weekend That Was I'm exhausted. End of Sleep Away Camp which is mostly me just flitting around helping out and hoping everything and everyone gets off OK. Worked out great but sucks up a lot of mental energy for me. Then on Sunday it was in early to help set up for a special music service (some Gospel/Jazz stuff. Was quite good)followed by blasting back home to discover the kid didn't have the car packed to go back to college. So we got off late which is grumpy making. Then unload (first floor apartment this year instead of fourth floor walk up dorm room) then shopping for school stuff and food. Rachel didn't know what she wanted so we wandered aimlessly. Further grumpy making. Then a very late dinner with my lady wife. We did a fondue restaurant which was a bit expensive but quite good. Then the long drive home. Collapse into bed.

This week's To Do List Actually creating my To Do list is first. Then Video Editing!!!!!! Lots and lots and lots. Oh and some end of summer paperwork too.

What Am I Procrastinating About? Um, well doing my to do list and that paperwork stuff mostly.

What Am I Reading? "Holy Fools" by Joanne Harris. My lady wife recommended it to me. So far pretty good. The writing is good, the characters are interesting. It takes place in France in 1610 and revolves around members of a troupe of travelling performers.

What Am I Listening To? Have to mention a Finnish group that Rachel has introduced me to Poets of the Fall. I really enjoy the "Carnival of Rust". (The music video is here. It's very Tim Burton but the song is great.


Next Up? I get a break for a little while then I have the Province II Youth Ministry Network meeting in early September.

How Am I Doing? Actually I feel totally whipped today. Mentally and physically. Hope that improves before my visit with the MD on Friday.

No comments: