Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Prayers for Angela

As a diocesan youth minister I belong to a fairly small club. There's just not that many of us in the great wide world. So when I hear that one of us is struggling it strikes particularly close to home.

I've never met Angela but beyond being my sister in Christ and a fellow Anglican she's a diocesan youth minister in Edmonton (that's Canada for those of you flunking geography. Do they even teach geography any more?). Beyond that she lists both the Bible AND Winnie the Pooh as her favorite books which makes her OK in my book.

She's been diagnosed with leukemia, which quite frankly sucks. I know some folks don't like that word but I can't think of a more appropriate time to use it.

If you have a spare prayer lying around any time soon, or if you have room on your list please add Angela to your prayers.

Peace

No comments: