Monday, January 22, 2007

Movie update

I mentioned before that I love movies and we do the Netflix thing. The latest two Netflix were:

"The Mask of Zorro" with Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones. Is it a great movie? No. But it's an old fashioned swashbuckler with Catherine for me to enjoy and Antonio for my wife to enjoy, so why not just relax and enjoy. The movie is supposed to be fun and for the most part it is. What more can you ask? It would really have been better if it were about 30 minutes shorter however.

"The Green Mile" with Tom Hanks and a cast of dozens of great character actors. Wow! What a great movie and what a wonderful discussion starter. Does Hank's guard character commit an act for which he owes forgiveness? Who and what IS John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan)? And where the heck do you buy clothes if you're that big? LOL. It's also very long (188 minutes, almost an hour longer than Zorro but the time didn't drag as much for me.)

I'd recommend either of them. Green Mile is definitely NOT for little kids. The execution scenes (there are three) are quite disturbing, maybe even for adults. The second one especially will give some folks nightmares for weeks. You've been warned but keep it in mind. This is a powerful and uplifting movie with some very funny parts.

Saw A Night at The Museum in a theater last week. Gotta be honest, this was not my first choice. I'm NOT a Ben Stiller fan and I was afraid that the trailer had all the funny parts in it. Meaning the rest of the movie would suck.

I was wrong.

This is a funny, family movie that is extremely funny at times. The various big name comedy co-stars do a nice job, Stiller is just fine as the lead and I really had a good time. Dick Van Dyke as a very believable bad guy was something new too.

I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong. Looking for some easy fun time at the movies, think about A Night at the Museum.

Okay, three posts in one day. That's enough. Go do some other work.

Peace

No comments: