Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Update April 13

The Week That Was -
I have no idea what happened this past week. It was like three short weeks all at the same time. I've commented on our experience at Jesus Christ Superstar. My lady wife and I checked out the Abstract Expressionist show at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo. Who knew that Buffalo had played such a pivotal role in cutting edge art back in the day? Very interesting stuff. Then we went to the Aquarium of Niagara. It's very small but pretty cool. Kind of a starter aquarium (they'd probably HATE that description!) experience. Then picked the kid up from college for Easter break. Kind of took the rest of the week easy. Did some work, Good Friday off, helped the kid clean her room, Easter Vigil, Sunday Easter service (almost 300 people, very cool. Single service) then figure out that we CAN help the kid go on a big trip after school ends. Plane tickets for a round the nation trip are really cheap (three legs for around $300 total). Nothing else really exciting going on. Did have a long talk with the kiddo about her current book project where I totally messed up her plans then helped her figure out how to make it work.

The To Do List - The to do list crisis continues. I need to get away from the office for a while and just whip it into shape.

What Am I Procrastinating About? - The To Do List mostly.

What Am I Watching/Reading/Listening To?Kind of stalled with the books I'd been reading so I jumped ship and read Sue Grafton's "A is for Alibi". It was the perfect thing to read for a long weekend. I liked it a lot. Not sure if I'm going back to the books I was reading.

Movies - Nothing this week. Really didn't have much time

Music - No time for much music either. I did download a batch of free tunes from Paste magazine but haven't had time to unzip them yet. Did get a new set of speakers for the computer. Hope they sound good, they should.

Next Up Camp planning, working on an idea for a one day spiritual retreat, Credo prep, spring work around the house

How Am I Doing Feeling a little down but have decided I'm not giving in to it.
Peace

No comments: