Every week my friend Gman offers a set of questions for youth ministers. You can check his blog through the link on the right. I've looked at the questions for a while now and this week I'll take them on.
Gs Q 4 YM
"The Lord is nigh unto all that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth." Psalm 145:18
1. What is on your "To Read" list? Oh Lordy where to begin? I have a stack of 11 books sitting here in my office that I'd like to read (and another stack of about 6 that are being considered, though not very hard) Plus I'd love to read something just for enjoyment and escapism. I'm currently reading "A Prayer for Owen Meany" which I've never read before.
2. Who is your favorite Cartoon character? Gotta be Calvin and Hobbes. Yes, I know that's TWO characters but they're inseperable. Close behind them is Opus.
3. What was the last thing you watched on TV? My lady wife starts her day with re-runs so I watch some with her. It's Buffy, then The Practice and if we are slow in the morning Spin City. Last night I watched a tape of the Formula One race in Malaysia, The West Wing and Crossing Jordan
4. What was something you got rejected about? The last role I auditioned for at the local community theater.
5. What is something you got accepted for? This job, for which I was largely unqualified.
6. What is something you are afraid of? Heights.
7. What is the hardest thing you have had to do this week? Travel a lot. I'm tired and just want to stay at home.
A. Prayer: Please be with my family as we continue to make our way through so many changes this year. That includes my wife, my daughter and my brothers.
B. Praise: Thank you for the special time my lady wife and I got to spend with each other over the weekend. You know how much better that made me feel!
C. Other: Help me get through all this buget paperwork that has suddenly decided to be a pain in my life again.
Copyright 2006. Gerrard R. Fess. Free to pass onto all those March Madness Fans.
I'm not a March Madness fan but I think Gerrard will give me a pass.