Tuesday, June 13, 2006

And we're here!

Regular readers here will know that I often have travel "adventures". I'm happy to report that it was very boring flying in to Columbus. It was two of the little planes that my dad used to refer to as "puddle jumpers", including one with propellers! But no big adventures.

Was interesting when I checked in as the USAirways agent noted I was from the southern tier and began to quiz me about how difficult it was to get from Buffalo to Jamestown. Seems she has relatives down there (Hello Panebiancos!) and didn't visit them because she was afraid she'd get lost. I reassured her that it was dead simple. So maybe I helped get some family together.

Speaking of family leaving yesterday carried a little bit of heaviness for me. First because my cousin Scott died of a heart attack late last week. Scott was a cousin that I'd really gotten to know and like as an adult over the last 10 years or so (I'm the oldest in my generation so I was "grown up" while a lot of my cousins were still kids). Scott was a good guy struggling with some hard times. His death was a shock. It was an additional shock knowing that I'd almost certainly miss his funeral. Please pray for his family.

It's also tough because yesterday was my wedding anniversary, our 24th. I'm blessed to be married to one of God's best example of womanhood. My lady wife is truly amazing and has supported me in my previous career and in my ministry today. I can't imagine what life would be like without her. I love you beautiful.

Yesterday was mostly a setting up day, not much exciting. The youth are already at their first committee meetings as I write this (7:30AM). That will set the pattern for the rest of the convention. We try to wrap up the day by 10:30 and lights out at 11. Still a LONG day.

Oh and to start the "walking" total I walked 8,211 steps yesterday or just over 4 miles. That's a pretty normal day for me so we'll see how today goes.

Your man at GC

No comments: