Saturday, May 16, 2009

Got a little ink while I was on vacation

One of my "side" projects. Nice to get a little attention in the local paper. Spelled my name right too which they didn't always do back when I was working at the radio station (I'm a volunteer with WRFA)That's the back of my head you see at the computer. This Y location serves mostly kids from the Hispanic population of the city. Alex is my assistant and translator (and a great young man in his own right)

Budding media personalities are getting a taste of the world of radio at the Eastside YMCA, thanks to the Jamestown Public Schools 21st Century program, the Arts Council for Chautauqua County and a grant from Cummins Engine.

Jay Phillippi of WRFA-LP is leading a group of students to learn about broadcasting and the art of radio, meeting with them once a week to work with microphones and digital editing.

''These are skills that are transferable and valuable in the real world,'' Phillippi said of the students' efforts to improve their language skills and work with digital media. ''This has the potential to be both useful and a lot of fun. It's a lot better than being bored.''


Jamestown Post Journal Article

1 comment:

PseudoPiskie said...

Blogs need "Like" too. Congrats.